- Foster a culture of thoughtful and ongoing stewardship for Monument Lab individual and organizational partnerships to ensure relationships are sustained, healthy, and intact.
- Responsibly engage with a diverse array of stakeholders, individuals, and institutions, and ensure there is consistency and energy in how Monument Lab’s reputation is built and sustained.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, design and maintain successful new curatorial and research opportunities that will build capacity and strengthen organizational development.
- Support the cultivation of networks of practitioners in order to distribute resources and build capacity with those who are producing the next generation of monuments.
- Develop, manage and execute a comprehensive advancement strategy, including but not limited to foundation & corporate giving, special campaigns and annual fund, in order to strengthen organizational capacity and sustainability while driving strategic growth. Proactively work to understand the depth and breadth of Monument Lab’s portfolio of current projects and program areas in order to in develop a sustainable fundraising platform.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with the Advisory Board and support the Board Chair in order to create and maintain a culture of responsible philanthropy that ensures an optimal fit with all program, project and operational needs.
- Coordinate new project and grant development processes across all project and program areas by consulting with various team members to research, ideate, outline, write and fully execute proposals, as needed.
- Maintain tracking of ongoing goals, benchmarks and timetables in order to accurately measure growth and determine areas of opportunity and development. Create and maintain a suite of ongoing fundraising collateral and key messaging.
- Partner with the Director and Chief Operations Officer on long-term financial and resource planning as well as annual operating budget.
- Manage direct reports to include establishing annual goals, performance reviews and professional development opportunities.
Communication and Outreach
- Leverage and integrate partnership strategies using Monument Lab’s various media and digital platforms (website, bulletin, podcast, social media, newsletter, store) in order to expand audience.
- Serve as primary point of contact for external inquiries that pertain to new project and funding opportunities.
- Lead, plan and manage a portfolio of engagement and outreach activities to include public programs, workshops, and events; this includes Monument Lab’s annual conference. Represent Monument Lab at selected public events and speaking engagements.