Strategy and Implementation
- The Director of Advancement will serve as an entrepreneurial leader who will develop and implement the organization’s comprehensive fundraising strategy and program inclusive of institutional, corporate, and individual giving. This position will oversee donor relationships to include stewardship and recognition.
- Work in collaboration with the Director and Chief Operating Officer on annual and long-term strategic financial planning to ensure organizational growth and sustainability.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors to communicate and promote transparency around fundraising goals; support the Board’s efforts in reaching goals through a variety of engagements and activities.
- Participate in quarterly board meetings, present strategic plans, provide detailed status updates and analysis, and robust donor reports.
- Outline concrete fundraising metrics and benchmarks, track ongoing goals to accurately measure growth and determine areas of opportunity. Report on progress on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to create and maintain a suite of fundraising materials to include, but are not limited to, organization guides, case-making materials, promotional decks, and annual reports.
- Leverage and integrate development strategies using Monument Lab’s media and digital platforms to include the website, newsletters, online store, and social media.
- Lead, plan, and manage development events to include cultivation events and annual fundraisers. Ensure Monument Lab events align to strategic development and cultivation goals.
- Identify an organizational CRM to centralize and streamline advancement initiatives and activities; Oversee the management of the advancement CRM for fundraising and prospect management.
- Participate in R&D activities to ensure alignment between fundraising best-practices and the organization's mission and values.
- Create and implement a culture of responsible philanthropy in partnership with Monument Lab staff.
- Serve as a member of the organization’s Director’s Group. Maintain an understanding of the organization’s financial model, fundraising priorities, and financial position. Participate in crisis management and mitigation efforts; and support the organization’s strategic planning initiatives.
- Provide the Director’s Group and staff at-large with regular updates and insights regarding the day-to-day, short-term, and long-term activities and goals of the Advancement team.
- Represent Monument Lab at selected public events and speaking engagements on a local, regional, and national level, as needed.
- Manage one direct report, to include establishing performance annual performance goals, and providing leadership and direction on short-term and long-term responsibilities.
- Develop and implement annual and long-term strategic plans toward receiving both unrestricted and restricted funds from foundations.
- Research, identify and cultivate foundation opportunities. Conduct outreach and participate in inquiry meetings with foundation personnel, follow-up, and track next steps.
- Maintain an annual planning calendar of grant opportunities to outline application requirements and deadlines.
- Coordinate grant proposal development processes across the organization to research, ideate, write, and fully execute proposals.
- Work in coordination with the Chief Operating Officer on grant compliance and reporting.
- Research, identify, and cultivate corporate giving opportunities. Conduct outreach and participate in inquiry meetings with new contacts, follow-up and track next steps.
- Solicit sponsorship opportunities for Monument Lab fundraising events and programmatic partners/in-kind support for Monument’s project-based initiatives.
- Maintain ongoing communications and relationship cultivation with corporate sponsors.
- Manage, retain, and grow a portfolio of existing and new donors, oversee stewardship and recognition.
- Manage the organization's donation management system and other aspects of donor stewardship and communication.
- Report monthly on metrics relating to individual donor acquisition, retention, and engagement.